We, Crazycat Media GmbH, Spinnlerstrasse 2, 4410 Liestal, operate the website www.zigarren.zone and are the provider of the services and content offered on the website.
Data protection is an important concern for us. We process your data only in compliance with the relevant legal provisions. The following information refers to the Swiss Data Protection Act (DSG) - as far as applicable - with simultaneous consideration of the DSGVO (EU General Data Protection Regulation; engl. GDPR). We are subsequently deemed to be the responsible party for the collection, use and processing of your data.
You can contact us at any time by e-mail and postal mail:
Crazycat Media Ltd.
+41 79 305 21 45
In the following, we show you whether and how we process your data:
Source: Privacy Icons
2. data processing, storage, deletion
We only process personal data that we collect directly via our website, the associated applications, via our platforms, via so-called "landing pages" or as part of the business relationship with our customers and other business partners. Processing only takes place after consent or if there is a corresponding legal basis.
Within the scope of the consent granted by you, we will only process your data within the limits of this granted consent, unless one of the legal bases mentioned below applies. We expressly point out that you can revoke the consent you have given at any time, whereby - lawful - processing actions that have already taken place are not affected by this.
The following reasons may be considered as a legal basis:
- Consent of the data subject;
- Fulfillment of the contract with the data subject as a contracting party or required pre-contractual measures at the request of the data subject;
- Fulfillment of necessary legal obligations of our company;
- Performing or exercising a task in the public interest;
- Legitimate interests of our company, provided that the interests of the data subject or their fundamental rights do not prevail.
The personal data collected will be deleted as soon as we no longer need it for the stated purpose or the purpose of storage no longer applies. On the other hand, storage must take place if the Swiss or European legislator provides for a corresponding obligation in the respective laws or regulations. Such obligations arise, among other things, from contract and tax law as well as from the provisions on commercial accounting. Business documents, contracts or accounting vouchers require a retention period of 10 years. This data, which also includes personal data but which we no longer need to provide our services, is blocked and subsequently used solely for accounting and tax purposes.
3. disclosure to third parties
In the course of order processing, it may be necessary to use the services of third parties. In this case, it may be necessary to pass on data to these external service providers in order to provide the services in accordance with the contract. The legal basis for passing on data is identical to the legal basis for lawful processing and can be viewed under point 2. In any case, we contractually ensure that third parties entrusted with the processing of your data comply with the requirements of data protection. Finally, under certain circumstances, we may also be required by official or court order to disclose data to third parties or government agencies.
4. provision of our services and creation of log files
Our system automatically collects and stores - as soon as you access our website - information in so-called log files. These are:
- Browser type and version
- Operating system
- IP address
- Internet Service Provider
- Date and time
The aforementioned data cannot be directly assigned to any person. The data collected and stored in this way is not merged with other personal data from you and stored, but is in our system. The legal basis for the aforementioned collection and storage in log files are the legitimate interests of our company.
The storage in log files serves exclusively the functionality of our services. In addition, it supports the optimization of our services and ensures the security of our information technology systems. In any case, the log files are only stored for as long as is necessary to achieve the purpose of their collection. Deletion is automated after each session.
The collection of your data and its storage in log files is absolutely necessary for the operation of our website; there is no possibility to object to this.
Due to the fact that cookies are stored on your computer system, you have full control over their use. By changing the settings in your browser, you have the option to disable or restrict the transfer of cookies. You can also delete stored cookies at any time via your browser settings; this can also be done automatically. We would like to point out that the deactivation of cookies may mean that you can no longer use all the services of our website.
We use Matomo (formerly Piwik), a web analytics service, on our website. On our behalf, Matomo will use the information obtained from you to evaluate your use of our website, to generate reports for our website activity and to provide other services for us in connection with website use or internet use. The basis of the data processing is your consent; you can revoke this consent at any time via the banner.
For more information regarding Matomo, please visit: https://matomo.org/privacy/.
We use the AWeber tool for our newsletters from the company of the same name AWeber Systems Inc, 4275 County Line Rd #20, PMB 186, Chalfont, PA 18194, USA. Our newsletter is used to contact you, and the legal basis for the use of AWeber is your consent as a data subject when you sign up for it.
The processing activities may take place in the USA and/or be transferred to the USA for this purpose. The basis of the data processing and the data transfer to the USA are so-called standard contractual clauses (cf. Art. 46 para. 2 and para. 2 DSGVO). Through these clauses, AWeber undertakes to comply with the applicable European law and the level of data protection.
8. contact form
Our website has various electronic contact forms. These are used so that you can get in touch with us. Depending on the form, the following data provided by you will be transmitted to us and stored: first and last name, telephone number, e-mail address, subject and message. In the career section, you also have the option of uploading your resume, which is then also stored by us.
The information you provide us with is used solely to process your inquiry/message. By sending the request/message, you consent to the data processing described. The legal basis for this is your consent. You can revoke your consent at any time. Data processing that has already taken place is not affected by such a revocation.
9. right to information
As a data subject, you may request confirmation from us as to whether personal data concerning you is being processed by us. If this is the case, you have the right to information about the following:
- The purposes for which the personal data are processed;
- The categories of personal data that are processed;
- The recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, in particular in the case of recipients in third countries or international organizations;
- The planned duration of the storage of personal data concerning you, or, if this is not possible, the criteria for determining this duration;
- The existence of a right to rectification or erasure of personal data concerning you or to restriction of processing by us or a right to object to such processing;
- The existence of a right of appeal to a supervisory authority;
- Any available information about the origin of the personal data that has not been collected from you;
- The existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and meaningful information about the logic involved and the scope and intended effects of such processing for the data subject.
You also have the right to request information about whether personal data concerning you will be transferred to a third country or an international organization; in this case, you have the right to be informed about the appropriate safeguards in connection with the transfer.
10. right to rectification
You have the right to request us to correct and/or complete incorrect and/or incomplete personal data concerning you without undue delay.
11. right to deletion
You have the right to request that we delete personal data concerning you without delay, provided that one of the following reasons applies:
- The personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- You revoke your consent and there is no other legal basis for the processing;
- You object to processing on grounds relating to your particular situation and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for processing or you object to processing for the purposes of direct marketing;
- The personal data concerning you has been processed unlawfully;
- The deletion of the personal data concerning you is necessary to comply with a legal obligation;
- The personal data concerning you was collected in relation to information society services offered.
12. right to restriction of processing
You - as the data subject - have the right to request that we restrict processing if one of the following conditions is met:
- The accuracy of the personal data is disputed. The restriction may be requested for the period of time that allows us to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
- The processing is unlawful and you - instead of deletion - request restriction;
- We no longer need the personal data for processing, but you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- You object to the processing.
If the processing of personal data concerning you is restricted, we may, with the exception of their storage, only process the data with your consent or for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of public interest.
If you have obtained a restriction of processing in accordance with the aforementioned conditions, you will be informed by us before this restriction is lifted.
13. information and notification obligation towards third parties
If we have made public the personal data concerning you and we are obliged to erase it, we shall take reasonable measures, including technical measures, having regard to the available technology and the cost of implementation, to inform the data controller processing the personal data that you have requested the erasure of all links to the personal data concerning you.
We will notify all recipients to whom personal data has been disclosed of any rectification or deletion of personal data and of any restrictions on processing, unless this proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort.
14. exceptions to the right to erasure
The right to erasure does not exist if the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information and/or for the establishment, exercise and/or defense of legal claims.
15. right to data portability
You - as the data subject - have the right to receive the personal data concerning you that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You also have the right to transfer this data to another controller without hindrance from us, to whom the personal data has been provided, provided that the processing is based on consent or on a contract and the processing is carried out with the help of automated processes.
You also have the right to have the personal data concerning you transferred directly from us to another controller, insofar as this is technically feasible. The rights and freedoms of other persons must not be affected by this.
16. right of objection
You have the right to object to the processing of personal data concerning you at any time on grounds relating to your particular situation. We will no longer process the personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for processing that override your interests, rights and freedoms. An additional exception is processing for the purpose of asserting, exercising or defending legal claims.
If we process personal data concerning you for the purpose of direct marketing, you have the right to object to the processing for such marketing at any time. If you object to the processing for the aforementioned purpose, we will no longer use your personal data for this purpose.
17. revocation consent
You have the right to revoke your consent at any time. This revocation does not affect the lawfulness of the - lawful - processing already carried out.
18. right to complain to a supervisory authority
You have - without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy - the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular at your place of residence (EU/CH), place of work or place of the alleged infringement, if you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes the GDPR.
The supervisory authority responsible for us is: Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner, Feldweg 1, 3003 Bern
The supervisory authority to which the complaint has been filed shall inform the complainant of the status and results of the complaint, including the possibility of a judicial remedy.
Version 1.0 / Crazycat Media GmbH, August 2023