• Cohiba Robusto over 20 years in the cellar.

Posted by Tobi on April 13, 2024 at 13:15

Hello, I have found a Cohiba Robusto that is over 20 years old. Now I would like to know the authenticity. Stored in the wine cellar, measured humidity in the box 65%.

• This discussion was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Tobi.
    Tobi replied 1 month, 1 week ago 2 Members - 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Vasilij Ratej

Administrator
    April 13, 2024 at 13:32

The code on the back is CCUE. This means February 1999.

Unfortunately, all the stickers on the box are missing. That's why you can't identify the cigars. I had a case like this recently. The green seal was missing from the box. Nobody, not even the importers, could verify the box.

The only option is to send the box to Cuba, to Habanos. One or two cigars are opened there. The authenticity can be determined on the basis of the tobacco. The whole thing is at the expense of the owner of the cigars. It's far too expensive, of course. My tip: smoke them yourself and store them properly.

• Tobi

April 13, 2024 at 13:39

This was still in the box, but not stuck on. Intact sticker. Protection not removed - strange...

• Tobi

April 13, 2024 at 23:05

Just testing one of the not so pretty ones. No draw resistance, first part very creamy smoke, totally mild, probably due to its age.
    Can be operated wonderfully, solid ash, now comes into play. The room smells wonderful.
    Relatively fast burning with 65%, the next testers will be in the 70% humidor for a few days beforehand - fake or not. She has won me over.
    It's unbelievable that cigars can still be eaten so fantastically at this age. Thanks to the cellar!

en_US